POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : bitmap/gif/jpg/tar as texture? : Re: What's appropriate in this group (was Re: bitmap/gif/jpg/tar as texture?) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What's appropriate in this group (was Re: bitmap/gif/jpg/tar as texture?)
From: Ron Parker
Date: 5 Oct 2000 11:10:42
Message: <slrn8tp6fp.k62.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Thu, 05 Oct 2000 09:59:13 -0500, Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
>In article <39DC902F.333553BA@pacbell.net> , Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet>
>wrote:
>
>> Renaming this group would likely mean losing the current contents
>> wouldn't it ?
>
>No.  Or, if it would, it is possible to repost everything semi-automatically
>if someone has all posts (this has already been done on this server once in
>a private group to get CSi content up).  So, either way, no contents would
>be lost.

I have all of the posts that are currently in this group, but just blindly
reposting them might not work (The server probably doesn't accept posts with
dates too far in the past.)  All together, they're only 8M uncompressed, so
it wouldn't be a huge job to get them all reposted.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.
Proudly not helping RIAA and SDMI steal my rights --
  http://www.eff.org/Misc/EFF/Newsletters/EFFector/HTML/effect13.08.html