POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: The Fortress of Torganswall : Re: The Fortress of Torganswall Server Time
20 Aug 2024 00:10:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Fortress of Torganswall
From: Steve
Date: 26 Sep 2000 12:08:30
Message: <slrn8t1gka.ita.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Mon, 25 Sep 2000 23:57:11 +0200, Marc-Hendrik Bremer wrote:

>Steve schrieb in Nachricht ...
>>You're right it doesn't look imposing, it looks kind of cute.
>>

>Is this a contradiction? Cute and imposing? Perhaps. Something to fear is
>probably more imposing, isn't it?

"Doesn't" is an abbreviation of "does not",

If I'd have said "It does not look imposing", it would sound asthough I
was disagreeing with you, but by saying "it doesn't look imposing", the
meaning is softened considerably and made much less formal.  The
interpretation relies a lot on the context so don't (do not), take any
of the above to be a hard and fast rool.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  2:36pm  up 35 days, 18:50,  2 users,  load average: 2.11, 2.09, 2.05