POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ice Planet final [98k] : Re: Ice Planet final [98k] Server Time
20 Aug 2024 00:13:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ice Planet final [98k]
From: Steve
Date: 26 Sep 2000 09:29:08
Message: <slrn8svrcs.hgt.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Mon, 25 Sep 2000 16:40:34 -0500, David Fontaine wrote:

>I think I'm dome now. I fixed the problem where the snow shadow was
>darker than the dome shadow, and added some "turbulence" to the tracks
>although it somewhat gets cancelled out by the angle near the front. The
>stars and the finer details in the landscape get washed out easily by
>glare, so if you can't see them very well try blocking light to your
>monitor.

The tracks do look better, and they are washed out a bit almost asthough
you've got ground fog in there.  Maybe move your light source back in
the z axis a bit (back meaning further away from the camera).

Looking good.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 11:13pm  up 35 days,  3:27,  2 users,  load average: 2.29, 2.29, 2.20