POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity test question - radtest.jpg (0/1) : Re: Radiosity test question - radtest.jpg (0/1) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:22:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity test question - radtest.jpg (0/1)
From: Steve
Date: 8 Sep 2000 15:28:57
Message: <slrn8rhphf.mqc.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Fri, 08 Sep 2000 04:23:05 -0400, Oldstench wrote:

>For example...the tube thingy...there is no way in hell I would have
>been able to code that and get it exactly where I wanted it and how I
>wanted it. But in Rhino, draw a curve, draw a circle tangent to the
>curve, extrude the circle on the curve, cap the holes, bevel and
>export. A grand total of 1 minute of my time and it is exactly what I
>want.

Wow now that lot confuses me even before I've seen it on the screen,
which for me would just make it worse.

I'd probably do the tube with a blob made of spheres and a couple
of while loops, I could add a component which would make it start
off fat and be quite thin at the other end.  I'd probably start it
off something like this:

    blob{
         #local EarRot =0;
           threshold 0.1
           #while(EarRot <46)
             sphere{<0,0.,0>, 0.125, 0.5  translate y*0.75 rotate z*-EarRot}
             #local EarRot = EarRot+2;
           #end
        }  // End of Blob.

This would be tiny, and I've scaled it up quite a bit in the scene that
I'm using it, but you get the idea.  Maybe I've been raytracing too long
but when I read this code I can see the object but modellers just confuse
me.  Each to his own.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  1:44pm  up 17 days, 17:57,  3 users,  load average: 1.09, 1.15, 1.13