POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface Landscape 2 (71k) : Re: Isosurface Landscape 2 (71k) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface Landscape 2 (71k)
From: Steve
Date: 4 Sep 2000 18:26:51
Message: <slrn8r873o.bi8.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Mon, 04 Sep 2000 14:28:33 +0200, Christoph Hormann wrote:

>I think i will stop working on this scene for the moment, here is the last
>rendering i made.  I became much too slow for easy modifications, this picture
>took about 27 hours to render.
>

>Including the plants in the same isosurface is really difficult, because they
>tend to float in the air not having contact to the ground (you can see it in the
>picture at several positions).
>
>Maybe i can try to make a larger version when i'm going on vacation sometime,
>but right now i'm really fed up with waiting days for such a tiny picture to
>finish :-)

Wow this is looking good, but it needs some randomness in the shade of green
of the plants, and they do look asthough they're flying away in the wind.

I don't mind doing renders for days on end, so if you want you're welcome
to send me the scene files and I'll render it for you, but it'll take
more than a day or two as I'd have it run in the background along with
all the other stuff that I have running from time to time.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  8:48pm  up 14 days,  1:06,  3 users,  load average: 1.16, 1.10, 1.08