POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Moon and Stars! OR..,What have I.... : Re: Moon and Stars! OR..,What have I.... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:21:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moon and Stars! OR..,What have I....
From: Steve
Date: 2 Sep 2000 18:40:03
Message: <slrn8r2tdv.287.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Sat, 2 Sep 2000 13:00:12 +0100, 25ct wrote:
>   Cheers Steve, I've just had a look at it, and it's a nice moon, thanks.
>About that image, how do you get the light to shine out of the pumpkin and
>the other things? Do you actually place a light inside? Nice site by the
>way, I still can't get over those screwdrivers :o)

Yes there's a light inside the pumpkin, and the way it shines on the
floor/table just happened by accident so I left it like that, I also
made the inside of the pumpkin a brighter colour than the outside
by colouring the object that hollowed the inside of the pumkin out
a bright yellow, while leaving the outside that orange colour.

So to take the inside out I just did something like:

difference{
           object{Pumpkin_Shape}
           object{Pumpkin_Shape
                  pigment{Yellow}
                  scale 0.9
                 }
           pigment{Orange}
          }

What looks like moonlight isn't actually coming from the moon, that's
just a mostly blue light that I placed behind the cat.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 10:03pm  up 12 days,  2:21,  2 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00