POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lighthouse scene again, w. water, beach [~42K Jpg] : Re: Lighthouse scene again, w. water, beach [~42K Jpg] Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lighthouse scene again, w. water, beach [~42K Jpg]
From: Steve
Date: 28 Aug 2000 08:00:52
Message: <slrn8qkjgm.m14.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:50:37 -0500, Bob Hughes wrote:
>I thought this turned out fairly well when I added a height field and water plane.
My faith in
>height fields is renewed because the isosurface I tried was a time distorter.
>The buildings are far from complete.
>Enjoy the scenery!

Thankyou Bob for bringing some sanity back to this place.

This is really looking good now, but a few things:

a) the landscape and it's transitions look very gradual/flat, not what I'd
   usually associate with the location of a lighthouse.

b) The red rooves could do with some tiles or boards to break them up a bit,
   I think this one change would add so much to the image.

c) Those red rooves again, the perspective seems a bit wrong, maybe caused
   by the old enemy of ambient light, the roof of the out-building furthest
   away from the camera looks asthough it's right on top of the closest
   red roof, but when looking at the walls of these buildings and the ground
   you can see that they are some distance apart.

d) The horizon looks too flat and too sharp if that makes any sense, maybe
   could be fixed by bumping up the ground fog a bit or something like that.

Thanks for the inspiration Bob, for the last 3 hours I've been trying to decide
weather to work on my CGI scrip or work on my almost complete POV scene, so POV
it will be.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 11:10am  up 6 days, 15:28,  2 users,  load average: 1.95, 1.31, 1.10