POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Zebra-look : Re: Zebra-look Server Time
1 Oct 2024 11:24:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Zebra-look
From: Steve
Date: 24 Aug 2000 22:06:17
Message: <slrn8qbie2.8n9.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Thu, 24 Aug 2000 16:31:06 -0700, Ken wrote:

>Steve wrote:
>
>> Havn't checked the spelling so things like turbulence and gradient
>> mibht be wrong, (I always get them wrong).
>
>You spelled color wrong in six places :)

No colour is was the correct spelling but there was a big mistake
code wise, which came to me while walking in the woods this fine
evening.

pigment{gradiant x
        colour_map{
                   [0.0 colour White]
                   [0.25 colour White]
                   [0.25 colour Black]
                   [0.5 colour Black]
                   [0.5 colour White]
                   [0.75 colour White]
                   [0.75 colour Black]
                   [1.0 colour Black]
                  }
        scale 0.5
        turbulence 0.5
        translate x*100 // don't want to see the bit that's
                        // at x*zero
       }

This is the corrected code, I'll let you work out what the big
mistake was in the earlier version that I posted.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  1:38am  up 3 days,  5:56,  2 users,  load average: 1.04, 1.05, 1.07