POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cross?! Not me! :o) (14.8KB) : Re: Cross?! Not me! :o) (14.8KB) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:19:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cross?! Not me! :o) (14.8KB)
From: Steve
Date: 15 Aug 2000 17:56:16
Message: <slrn8pjehv.h95.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Tue, 15 Aug 2000 15:11:02 +0100, 25ct wrote:
>   Hi all,
>            here is the result of my second project. I'm very pleased with
>this, especially as it is very close to the picture I had in my mind.
>   I still do not understand anti-aliasing, although it was rendered at
>512x384 AA 0.3. Can anyone enlighten me as to getting it better?

Great looking image, but it's shouting "Give Me Some AREA LIGHTS".

From the POV documentation:

4.5.5.4   Area Lights
Area light sources occupy a finite, one- or two-dimensional area
of space. They can cast soft shadows because an object can
partially block their light.  Point sources are either totally
blocked or not blocked.  <End of quote>

Area lights slow rendering down considerably, thought I'd warn you.
The doc goes on to explain the syntax etc of area lights,  there's
also good stuff in there on AA and probably anything that you'd want
to know, there's no harm in asking here aswell as some of our regular
visitors/participants have developed knowledge that goes beyond the docs.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  8:37pm  up 31 days, 19:04,  2 users,  load average: 1.04, 1.29, 1.24