POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : beacon (wip) ~87k : Re: beacon (wip) ~87k Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:16:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: beacon (wip) ~87k
From: Steve
Date: 15 Aug 2000 14:28:15
Message: <slrn8pip81.gej.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Mon, 14 Aug 2000 23:00:00 -0400, Ross Litscher wrote:
>Hi. This is the right half of a scene I am trying to finish. I'm looking for
>some comments on the textures. If everything goes as planned, there will be
>some strange fish on the dock, a canoe type boat, and some other stuff. The
>fish might be hard to texture in a realistic way (for me atleast).

Interesting stuff.

For your canoe use blobs, I've been playing around with negative components
over the last few days and have been getting some really good results.

Fish texture - plenty of irid in the finish and a colour map from a pearly
white to a darkslate grey might do the trick.

Look forward to seeing the finished product.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 12:39pm  up 31 days, 11:06,  2 users,  load average: 1.15, 1.21, 1.13