POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Error! : Re: Error! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Error!
From: Steve
Date: 6 Aug 2000 08:16:46
Message: <slrn8oqkn2.ht8.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>

>Ok, I surrender. Actually I have already surrendered
>I have managed to do syntax-highlighting with two editors but there are still
>flaws with them :
><> Code Commander : too early in development to allow start rendre and return
>to script with hot-keys ( ie ALT+G)
><> nedit : Great one but I still have to click on the picture and close the
>output window to go back to the script. ( there could be a way round, but I
>still have to find it)
>
>For Xemacs, I downloaded el files for both 'Official' and 'Unofficial'-pov.
>

>do you make Xemacs to ingest them ?
>I replaced the .emacs file found at /home with uv-pov.el -> nothing
>I replaced the .start-site file found at /etc/lib/...(I forgot) ..Xemacs...
>with uv-pov.el -> still nothing
>I replace others files as well, but ...... you know the answer

Doesn't sound like you read the instructions.  I didn't know anything about
emacs untill a few weeks ago, there are instructions on the website where
you got pov-mode.el from.  I found that the integrated rendering doesn't work
the way I'd like and doesn't give me some of the facilities that I'd like,
thats why I wrote PovMenu which you can get from my website and please
read the instructions in the .txt file before using.

Pov-mode shows you matching braces, brackets and <> signs.  The .el files don't
need to be compiled, they just need to go into your emacs loadpath, but as I've
said above the instructions are very simple and are layed out clearly on the
page where you d/l pov-mode from.

Hope that helps.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 12:44pm  up 22 days, 11:10,  2 users,  load average: 1.33, 1.36, 1.22