POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Error! : Re: Error! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:31:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Error!
From: Steve
Date: 6 Aug 2000 07:23:03
Message: <slrn8opf5r.bkd.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Sun, 06 Aug 2000 01:26:11 +0200, Peter Toneby wrote:
>Steve wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 05 Aug 2000 03:05:16 +0200, Peter Toneby wrote:
>> >
>> >hmmm,  I really gotta get the next version out... it will add
>> >quite a few nice things, but will not be quite complete...
>> >The things I have added/changed so far are (cut from the changelog,
>> >and including stuff not yet working...):
>>
>> I've toyed with the idea of producing an emacs InsertMenu for POV,
>> based on the windows version of POV, with the ability to  change the
>> default data that's inserted.
>>
>> I'm going to write a perl script that generates the insert menu because
>> I can imagine my future including voluntary commitment to an assylum if
>> I were to write that much lisp code.
>
>My guess is that it's not very much lispcode that needs to be written,
>just some basic code for inserting a certain string at the cursor. The
>hard part is to write a good startingpoint for the stuff to insert,
>unless
>you do the easy thing and rip the windowsversion ;)
>
>> It'll be great once the tags are working, I don't seem to be having any
>> luck so far with using bookmarks in emacs, possibly compounded by the
>> fact that I use RCS all the time.
>
>I'm actually uncertain if I would like an InsertMenu, but if you get
>something working I will take a look and see if I can add it too
>povmode,
>and possibly add configurationoptions for it, unless it's easier to use
>a normal (lisp)file.

Yes it'll be a normal .el file but I'll initially generate that .el file
using a perl script to read the directories and files which go together
to make the windows version of the insert menu.  I got a zipped version
of the directory structure and text files which are used in the windows
version.

I'll let you know as soon as I've got it sorted out.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  2:07am  up 22 days, 33 min,  2 users,  load average: 1.26, 1.12, 1.08