POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : What are Pov-Ray and ray tracing? : Re: What are Pov-Ray and ray tracing? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:21:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What are Pov-Ray and ray tracing?
From: Steve
Date: 10 Jul 2000 17:59:02
Message: <slrn8mk7v7.va6.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Sat, 8 Jul 2000 13:33:33 -0400, Walter wrote:
>Thank you, Giles, Peter and Warp.
>
>I understand better now. I thought Pov-Ray was a graphics program, but it's
>only half the package.
>
>Looks like I have to spend money if I want a complete package. Oh, well.
>
>I do love what ray tracing can do...

I use PovRay and nothing else.  I can't draw to save my life,  in moddelers
I get confused and very angry,  so the only option left for me is to hand code
which gives me all the controle I need, but I've never had to produce any
commercial material or even adhere to someone else's requirements.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  6:51pm  up 11 days, 18:32,  2 users,  load average: 1.15, 1.05, 1.01