POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : New microversion of MegaPov with big Unix changes : Re: New microversion of MegaPov with big Unix changes Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:32:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New microversion of MegaPov with big Unix changes
From: Steve
Date: 29 Jun 2000 08:39:47
Message: <slrn8lmbb6.vp.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Tue, 27 Jun 2000 07:51:16 +0300, Peter Popov wrote:
>On Mon, 26 Jun 2000 18:50:35 -0500, Mark Gordon <mtg### [at] mailbagcom>
>wrote:
>
>Perhaps a small set of scripts would be handy? I know many users of
>Unix POV-Ray have their own, maybe we could share and include the most
>useful ones in the next (un)official release of (Mega)POV?

Something I really miss from my VMS days is the sequential numbering
of saved files, so that if I'm working on a scene file and save it
it would save it as something like roundabout.pov;0000 and the next
time I save it would write to roundabout.pov;0001 etc if I set my
directory history to 20 that means that I'll always have the 20 most
recent saves, a simple purge on the commandline will leave me with
only the most recent files.  I'm sure that in bash it's possible to
write something that will do the same job though the file naming
will be slightly different to the way it is on VMS.

It'd be good if such a script could be called from pov's command line
to let it usse the most recent for the current render you'd also need
your editor to be able to understand this so maybe it's not going to
be all that easy to implement.  I'll look into this myself but I don't
promise to be able to come up with anything.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 12:57am  up 38 min,  2 users,  load average: 1.30, 1.34, 1.13