POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hands : Re: Patch Request? was Re: Hands Server Time
2 Oct 2024 22:25:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Patch Request? was Re: Hands
From: Steve
Date: 17 Apr 2000 13:13:03
Message: <slrn8fmevq.7ep.sjlen@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Sat, 15 Apr 2000 12:09:08 -0500, Chris Huff wrote:

>Sorry, but I don't think this is possible...at least, not with the type
>of blob POV uses(are there other kinds that would make this possible?).
>A blob object is just an isosurface, all points where the sum of the
>field of all of the components is equal to a certain threshold value. I
>don't think it is possible to exclude components based on the "branch"
>they are in.

How about adding a threshold identifier so that you could specify which
object another will blob with, and if you specify two in the same object
it will blob with the other two within the block that have the same
identifiers eg:

blob {
      ThresholdIdentInit{FRED,JIM} //Initialises the Threshold Identifiers

      sphere{<0,0,0>, 0.7, 0.8
             ThresholdIdent{FRED}
            }

      sphere{<0,0.5,0>,0.7 ,0.8
             ThresholdIdent {FRED,JIM}
            }

      sphere{<0.5,0.5,0>,0.7 ,0.7
             ThresholdIdent {JIM}
            }

      sphere{<0.5,0.5,0.5>,0.7 0.6
             ThresholdIdent {JIM,FRED} // the order shouldn't make a difference.
            }

     }  // End of blob.

If a component doesn't have a ThresholdIdent it acts as normal and if a blob
doesn't have a ThresholdIdentInit at the beginning then the blob acts as
normal.

My logical thinking says that this should be possible but I've never looked
at the pov code and I'm not much of a programmer so the rest is up to the
experts.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

web http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  4:07pm  up 13 days, 18:42,  4 users,  load average: 1.25, 1.07, 1.02