POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More hands : Re: More hands Server Time
2 Oct 2024 22:25:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More hands
From: Steve
Date: 17 Apr 2000 13:13:00
Message: <slrn8fm8f9.77j.sjlen@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Sat, 15 Apr 2000 19:04:53 -0700, Charles Krause wrote:

>Peter Popov wrote in message ...
>>On 15 Apr 2000 12:15:13 -0400, sjl### [at] ndirectcouk (Steve) wrote:
>>
>>>Cool, these guys could do sign language, but counting/telling the time and
>

>[snip]
>

>>I don't think they'd have any problem counting. It would just have to
>>be in octal. Not that there is any problem in counting in octal, mind
>>you.
>

>I don't think he meant that they could not count because of the missing
>finger.
>I think he meant that they would have problems forming the signs for numbers
>in ASL because of the missing digits :)

I think that both in BSL (which I know) and in ASL they only use one hand
for numbers.  They could count to three then they'd have to skip the next
two and go straight to six and on to nine without problems, then 10 would
look like an unenthusiastic/falling asleep 44.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

web http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  1:35pm  up 13 days, 16:09,  3 users,  load average: 1.02, 1.08, 1.08