POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Problem with Netscape 4.72 for Linux : Re: Problem with Netscape 4.72 for Linux Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:25:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with Netscape 4.72 for Linux
From: Steve
Date: 10 Apr 2000 07:11:28
Message: <slrn8f3ddk.i7f.sjlen@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Mon, 10 Apr 2000 01:02:04 +0300, Peter Popov wrote:
>It only runs the first time. After I quit and restart it, it freezes
>and has to be killed. If I delete the .netscape directory in my $HOME$
>directory, it works. Why?
>
>I am using Slackware 7.0 and the X server is OmniX under Windows.
>
>Can anyone help me? I really need NS for my web design work but I
>don't really want to install it on my Windows machine because I
>already have IE 5.0 and in the [ast I've had severe problems with both
>browsers on one machine.

I had major problems with 4.72 so got rid of it and went back to 4.51.
I've noticed that if I exit while downloading anything even just an
incomplete banner add it gives me trouble and I have to kill two
processes before opening up a working version again (when this happens
I have to do the lock file thing aswell as someone has already mentioned).

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

web http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 12:00pm  up 6 days, 14:34,  5 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00