POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : A Proposal for XML POV : Wild Ideas (was: A Proposal for XML POV) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:25:44 EDT (-0400)
  Wild Ideas (was: A Proposal for XML POV)
From: Peter J  Holzer
Date: 6 Apr 2000 20:11:01
Message: <slrn8eq3jh.3ou.hjp-usenet@teal.h.hjp.at>
On Thu, 6 Apr 2000 12:22:56 -0400, Nathan Kopp wrote:
>On the other hand, it would be nice to provide the option to use
>interpreted code if the desired feature was not implemented in the core
>functionality. But you could do this fairly easily without using XML.

Yep, we should have changed the subject. This doesn't have anything to
do with XML any more.

However, if povray was a library, we could link it into pike. Then it
would not only be programmable in pike, java, perl and PHP4, we would
also get XML support, could store the szenes in SQL databases, and have
the first web server with built-in raytracer, too :-)

	hp

--

|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR     \ Durchbruch in der Bionik, und Microsoft geht
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ \ auf den Markt.           -- Stefan Schaefer