POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : A Proposal for XML POV : Re: A Proposal for XML POV Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:33:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Proposal for XML POV
From: Ron Parker
Date: 21 Mar 2000 22:27:34
Message: <slrn8dgfl6.1ub.ron.parker@linux.parkerr.fwi.com>
On Tue, 21 Mar 2000 18:03:17 -0800, Ken wrote:

>>         Does anyone know if this supports macros?
>>         It looks quite complete, otherwise.
>
>I seem to recall that it is based on POV-Ray v2.2 and even with that
>support it is limited to certain subsets of primitives supported by
>Pov. I also seem to recall it is buggy and hard to get working.

It claims support for "version 3" which probably means 3.0, so no macros
or media.  I haven't tried too hard to get it working, but the docs do
seem to indicate that it only works with a certain version of some library,
and I seem to recall that PCCTS was a bear to get working.

Great things are happening with upcoming versions of POV, though, so
we shouldn't get too bogged down in all of this.  Remember, this is
one of the problems Chris Young said we'd be looking at.