POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Winamp skin, TubeAmp (80k) : Re: Winamp skin, TubeAmp (80k) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 07:10:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Winamp skin, TubeAmp (80k)
From: Steve
Date: 12 Mar 2000 11:20:32
Message: <slrn8cn87b.6tu.sjlen@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Sat, 11 Mar 2000 15:35:05 -0600, David Fontaine wrote:
>Bob Hughes wrote:
>
>> I've found Winamp to be as much a drain on my system as POV-Ray.  Something I
>> didn't expect and certainly can make MS Media Player look good.  Well, scratch
>> that remark.  Winamp does =look= good anyway.  Using plugins is the reason for
>> the resource hogging.
>
>I find Winamp runs quite well on my system. I can even render without skipping and a
>minimal performance decrease.

I used to find that NAD was a good mp3 player, not so bulky as Winamp, only
drawback being that you can't use different skins.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

web http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  1:39pm  up 1 day, 4 min,  4 users,  load average: 0.28, 0.18, 0.50