POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : My personal wishlist : Re: My personal wishlist Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My personal wishlist
From: Steve
Date: 1 Mar 2000 20:08:54
Message: <slrn8brfh1.ps.sjlen@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Thu, 24 Feb 2000 22:44:23 +0200, Peter Popov wrote:
>With time I've compiled a list of features I would be happy to see in
>POV-Ray. I think it wouldn't hurt if I posted it here.

I'd like to add one to the list:

scale_map

If not used scale an object as normal, but if used eg.

box{
    <-1,-1,-1>,<1,1,1>
    pigment {Blue}
    scale_map {
               gradient y

               [0.0    1    ]
               [0.25   1    ]
               [0.26  0.75  ]
               [0.74  0.75  ]
               [1.0   1     ]
              }
    }

it'd pinch the object in at the center, all the way round,  being scale 1 at
y*1 scale 0.75 from y*0.5 to y*-0.5, and would be back at one again from there
to y*-1.

It'd be really good if you could add more than one of these to an object, and
hopefully be able to add them to CSG objects not only single primitives.

I've thought about this many times, and hope it's a viable addition to the
current features in POV/MegaPOV.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

web http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 12:17am  up  5:22,  3 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00