POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Baseball, 24kbu : Re: Baseball, 24kbu Server Time
3 Oct 2024 10:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Baseball, 24kbu
From: Steve
Date: 26 Feb 2000 18:07:54
Message: <slrn8bgml9.19o.sjlen@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Sat, 26 Feb 2000 10:53:29 +0100, Sigmund Kyrre Aas <as### [at] studntnuno> wrote:
>Anton Sherwood wrote:
>>
>> Sigmund Kyrre Aas wrote:
>> > * How do I prevent the image maps from appearing at the reverse side?
>>
>> I haven't used image maps, but isn't there a cylindrical map type?
>
>Yes. But then I have to make the maps 4 times bigger, cause they wrap all the
>way around. And I like to keep memory usage down. I'm using a radial pigment
>map now, just as Josh English suggested earlier in this thread.

4.7.8.9.1 The once Option
Normally there are an infinite number of repeating image maps,
bump maps or material maps created over every unit square of the
x-y-plane like tiles. By adding the once keyword after a file
name you can eliminate all other copies of the map except the one
at (0,0) to (1,1). In image maps, areas outside this unit square
are treated as fully transparent. In bump maps, areas outside
this unit square are left flat with no normal modification.  In
material maps, areas outside this unit square are textured with
the first texture of the texture list.

For example:

  image_map {
    gif "mypic.gif"
    once
  }

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

web http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 10:52pm  up 18:44,  6 users,  load average: 2.00, 2.09, 2.10