POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Return of the Beach (whose beach?) [~65KB] : Re: Return of the Beach (whose beach?) [~65KB] Server Time
3 Oct 2024 10:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Return of the Beach (whose beach?) [~65KB]
From: Steve
Date: 16 Feb 2000 00:43:25
Message: <slrn8ak943.55e.sjlen@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Tue, 15 Feb 2000 18:02:56 -0600, Bob Hughes
<omn### [at] hotmailcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote:
>I'm just playing with the original scene file from Kevin Wampler.  Smaller
>renders looked much better but there was always what seemed to me to be too much
>specular highlight on the sea surface on the right side mostly.
>It does have angle dependant reflection.  There's noticeable lines going from
>shoreline out to sea at this resolution too and I don't have a clue why yet.
>And I may have compressed the Jpg a bit much.
>See the source at povray.text.scene-files titled Return of the Beach, Kevin
>Wampler.

I should have given a better explanation, looking out to sea there is what
looks to be a path (could be the way the sun is shining), this isn't the
problem though, the problem is what looks like brown pixelation on the sea
to the left and right of this central path, it looks real messy, I'll try
a render at my end and see what comes out.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

web http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  3:37am  up 1 day, 14:40,  4 users,  load average: 1.11, 1.04, 1.01