POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Street image. Question of scale (26kbu) : Re: Street image. Question of scale (26kbu) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 04:58:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Street image. Question of scale (26kbu)
From: Steve
Date: 14 Feb 2000 10:59:32
Message: <slrn8ag8sk.n0.sjlen@zero-pps.localdomain>
This is looking good.

I wouldn't say that the problem here is scale but light.
It just seems to be ambient light at the moment, and
in the real world you'd expect to see many more shadows
coming from the various light sources (even of a day time).
As a result of this problem the broken wall is totally
lost in itself, there's no contrast between the front and
back of that ruined building, no light falloff etc.

The car looks good but a bit flat, can't see the top or
bottom of it just a straight on view of the side, either
moving the car or moving the camera would solve this I
think, (it's probably not helped by the lighting either).

We're hearing on the news here that you're having the worst
weather in SA for 40 years, constant rain for 8 days, so
maybe your usual flare for getting it right first time is
being hampered by light deprivation:-)

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

web http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  3:31pm  up  2:34,  4 users,  load average: 1.08, 1.09, 1.03