POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : format for documentation : Re: format for documentation Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:16:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: format for documentation
From: Steve
Date: 30 Jan 2000 02:20:17
Message: <slrn897m2q.3qk.sjlen@zero-pps.localdomain>

>    	I use Windows, Amiga, Lynix and Mac.  HTML would be my choice above
>all others!  <smile>  I really don't see how HTML is a bad choice for
>printing.  All it takes is a bit of pre-planning; put each page in a fixed
>width table, so the format when printed will look exactly like the format
>on screen, and make sure each page will fit on a printed page.  Use this
>template for every page, and all you have to worry about is what to write,
>not how to format it.
>    	Hyperlinks are, by far, more important to me than pretty printouts
>anyway.  If you want to get fancy, some simple scripts can be created to do
>searches on the HTML pages that will work on any modern browser.  But a
>well thought out contents page is fine.

Nothing worse than a helpdesk call caused by someone trying
to print a 60 page document that's using American page sizes.

Please don't inflict this on us.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

web http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  5:24am  up 1 day,  3:54,  4 users,  load average: 2.01, 2.03, 2.00