POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : format for documentation : Re: format for documentation Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: format for documentation
From: Steve
Date: 30 Jan 2000 02:20:16
Message: <slrn897kvv.3qk.sjlen@zero-pps.localdomain>

>I develop on a Windows computer.  Are there free tools available for me to
>use easily DocBook?  Also, the Smellenbergh brothers work primarily on the
>Mac, so free Mac tools are necessary as well.
>
>If that is possible, could you please point me a the general direction to
>get started.  I've been to a few websites about DocBook, SGML, and XML, and
>they all provided far too much information to be useful for me (I don't have
>three years to learn a new tool for creating the MegaPov 0.4 documentation.)
>;-)  You can email me with your reply or just post it here.  I'll get it
>either way.
>
>Otherwise, we'll probably end up using HTML as the primary format and
>converting from that to other formats.

Whatever you end up with producing it'd also be really good if you could
include a zipped up plain text version, it's so versatile and doesn't
require heavy duty software like web browsers.

Call me regresive if you like but I'm moving away from GUI stuff at a
high speed,  plain text doesn't get broken or misinterpreted the way
other formats do.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

web http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  5:24am  up 1 day,  3:54,  4 users,  load average: 2.01, 2.03, 2.00