POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mega Photon Bug? : Re: Mega Photon Bug? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mega Photon Bug?
From: Steve
Date: 28 Jan 2000 20:31:08
Message: <slrn8942q6.adm.sjlen@zero-pps.localdomain>
I also have a crash problem with photons, the problem
isn't so much the photons or the scene, but when it runs
out of memory with MegaPov, the only thing I can do is
physically turn the machine off and on again.

When I run out of mem with official POV, it just gives
me a nice little message saying that it's run out of
memory, so I do something else instead, or make some
changes to the scene. But MegaPov completely freezes
the box, I've tried this about three times, but
Linux doesn't like being turned off like that, so I
havn't tried it recently.  Looking at my sig, it was
in fact five days ago since I tried it.

Info

RH6.0,  MegaPov, over 64M Ram 1G of swap available.

Scene, David Fontain's torus with a disco ball
inside and lots of photons.

Can provide the Pov file if required.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

web http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  9:17pm  up 5 days,  5:28,  6 users,  load average: 5.39, 5.24, 5.11