POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Escher POV museum (78kbbu) : Re: Escher POV museum (78kbbu) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 17:12:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Escher POV museum (78kbbu)
From: Ron Parker
Date: 27 Jan 2000 11:08:26
Message: <slrn890rap.v8.ron.parker@ron.gwmicro.com>
On Thu, 27 Jan 2000 11:54:08 +0100, Remco de Korte wrote:
>The image seems a bit crowded with the paintings all very close to each
>other. This makes it look more like a late 19th centure 'salon' then a
>museum.

The last time I went to the Toledo (Ohio) Museum of Art, several years
ago, they were doing extensive renovations on some of their galleries,
and they had gathered all of their fine art together in a single room,
on a single wall, floor-to-ceiling, with very little room between
frames.  A plaque on the floor had a guide as to which paintings were
which.  The effect was stunning, far more moving than looking at any
one picture by itself.