POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cones and Cylinders Pic 3 ... Just Awesome.... : Re: Cones and Cylinders Pic 3 ... Just Awesome.... Server Time
3 Oct 2024 19:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cones and Cylinders Pic 3 ... Just Awesome....
From: Steve
Date: 18 Jan 2000 16:54:11
Message: <slrn88969p.h8.sjlen@zero-pps.localdomain>

>Again I would like to say that for the most part people that post images
>here do post images with a file size that is acceptable to the visitors
>of this group. Occasionally there is the odd image posted that exceeds
>what is considered acceptable and for the most part when informed that
>they are posting images that are unacceptably large the offenders come
>around to our way of thinking. Personally I would like to continue with
>peer pressured control rather than server side control. Once the limit
>is set it is difficult to go back. If everyone here wants to jump on
>the bandwagon and insist on a smaller file size limit I will bring up
>this issue with the Server Admin. but only if there is a strong public
>vote in favor of it.

I must say that I too am in favour of a consensus on file sizes rather
than having thechnical limits.  When I first posted here I sent a massive
.png file, I was new to POV and new to the internet in general, someone
pointed out that large images were frowned upon, so I took note and havn't
posted oversized images since.  I think everyone starts off like this and
once it's mentioned to them in a friendly way they don't do it again.

I think thet the most recent offender is on a cable modem, (looks like one
of their IP addresses), and he/she doesn't notice that for modem users it would
take a long time to d/l.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

web http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps