POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : cheaper, faster computing : Re: cheaper, faster computing Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:36:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cheaper, faster computing
From: Ron Parker
Date: 21 Sep 1999 11:59:03
Message: <slrn7ufaq8.v8.parkerr@ron.gwmicro.com>
On Tue, 14 Sep 1999 09:03:52 +0000, David R. Stone wrote:
>please let me know via email if anyone is interested. we envisage
>something like tux penguins weilding playstations chasing wolves in an
>antarctic type scene.

I think it's an interesting project, and if I had the time I'd be
happy to offer my services, such as they are.  Unfortunately, I'm
somewhat overcommitted already, as everyone here knows.

I wonder if penguins chasing wolves is an appropriate image, though.
It seems that the project is a combination of penguin+wolf+playstation,
not an adversarial relationship with a wolf.  Perhaps an image of Tux
riding or otherwise working with a wolf or wolfpack while wielding a
playstation would be more apropos.  Then, of course, you need an enemy
for them to pursue.  Too bad SGI/Cray doesn't have a cute mascot. :)