POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : another landscape : Re: another landscape Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: another landscape
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 21 Sep 2003 17:12:02
Message: <sjg141-cns.ln1@triton.schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Nathan O'Brien wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> yet another landscape. I've spent the last couple of days re writing my code
> to use isosurfaces instead of height fields.The attached image is the first
> major test. It was rendered with the isosurface, atmospheric media and
> clouds, media water, radisoity and aa. The render took 9.5 hours on my p4.

The composition is very nice.  I can't see much effect of the radiosity
though.

Once thing i have observed in all your recent landscape scenes is the
very dim lighting - nearly like a full moon night scene.

Is it one isosurface or a combination of several objects?

Christoph

Last updated 2 Sep. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______