POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 540k polygon Ajax model : Re: 540k polygon Ajax model Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:12:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 540k polygon Ajax model
From: Mike Williams
Date: 31 Aug 2008 20:12:39
Message: <si7w6KIQNzuIFw8X@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Edouard Poor who wrote:
>I converted the model using using Cross Roads 3D - which gave me a 142M
>POV source file. Are there any other utilities that can convert other
>3D formats to POVRay? Something that supported mesh2 might be nice for
>example.

PoseRay will convert the OBJ file to a POV mesh2 object. The result is
54Mb of POV mesh2 data that renders in less than a minute (with just the
single light source that I believe PoseRay pulls from the obj file).

The only awkward thing is that the bust faces away from the camera, and
the camera, light and model are located in illogical places. So I had to
do this to rotate the model and put it back into view.

#declare C =  (min_extent(Poseray_scene_object) +
               max_extent(Poseray_scene_object))/2;

object{
      Poseray_scene_object
         translate -C