POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Energy... (WIP) : Re: Energy... (WIP) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:18:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Energy... (WIP)
From: ABX
Date: 17 Nov 2003 08:33:47
Message: <shihrvchke7fbikinqhcag8ihc157b02l1@4ax.com>
On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:08:57 +0100, "Mael" <mae### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > Next MegaPOV is the one POV which will allow to _MAKE_ HDRI (when it's
> > released).
>
> Do you realize that it's kind of frustrating for users to read those lastest
> months posts about "future pov 3.5.1 will fix this", "next megapov 1.1 will
> offer that" :(

Sorry, I was trying to be informative rather than bragging.

> Sure it's nice to know that things are done but at the same time, if you
> can't try them .. :)

Sadly, it is kind of frustrating to answer this way for me, too :-(
I really wish we could release binaries, but we can't without sources. But we
can't release sources because they are in sync with 3.5.1 development because
at initial stage official POV was supposed to be available earlier. The bright
side is that there shouldn't be long delay between 3.5.1 and MegaPOV 1.1.

And... there is already tested solution for frustration for braves :-)
I released 'user_defined camera' patch to two persons. They asked for
simplified diffs because they really needed them for important tasks.

ABX