POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : hi I donot know what I am doing wrong please help : Re: hi I donot know what I am doing wrong please help Server Time
4 Sep 2024 20:16:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hi I donot know what I am doing wrong please help
From: Tim Crockett
Date: 6 Aug 2002 16:50:26
Message: <sgd0luopckma3pms55o4ink56lckqjtpog@4ax.com>
I was shocked to hear Sanjay Chitte say:
>I get the following error message
>Creating light buffers.File Init Error: I/O restriction prohibits write
>access to file
>'/fac3/sanjay/pov/share/povray-3.5/scenes/qtvr/qtvrpanorama.png'.
>Refer to the platform specific documentation for details.

you need to add a path to your 'Permitted Output Paths' in
pvengine.ini, or set 'Options' -> 'Script I/O Restrictions' to None

You may also need to make sure that write privileges on that directory
since it appears that you are sending output to a shared network
directory.

It could be any or all of these.  Check your docs under in section 1.4
under I/O restrictions for specifics.

- Tim