POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My first in a long time - Sloncho-wip-1.jpg : Re: My first in a long time - Sloncho-wip-1.jpg Server Time
3 Oct 2024 02:19:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first in a long time - Sloncho-wip-1.jpg
From: Peter Popov
Date: 23 Feb 2000 15:51:35
Message: <sgS0OPWcThs=ESBJuhMBNHaDD1MB@4ax.com>
On Wed, 23 Feb 2000 11:34:58 +0000, David Wilkinson
<dav### [at] cwcomnet> wrote:

>The concept is great. The eyes and tusks need thinking about as do the walls and
floor.
>Make the ears much bigger (and probably the tusks as well.)
>Look forward to seeing developments.

Can you be a bit more specific about the eyes and tusks? The model is
the most accurate representation of a real glass elephant I have,
though I must admit texturing is just a hack at reality.

The walls suck, I know. I have given up using an isosurface and am
stuck with normals unless some good soul can help me with the iso
stuff. The floor... well, it was supposed to look like a wooded table
:) but judging by everyone's comments I have to remake it.

Thanks for your feedback.

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700