POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : s-povray and tty : s-povray and tty Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:20:38 EDT (-0400)
  s-povray and tty
From: Peter Popov
Date: 16 Jan 2000 11:20:24
Message: <scmBOB4=4OZWobajVtubU604IQGy@4ax.com>
is there a way I can make s-povray display to a non-tty console such
as /dev/pts/*? When I run it via ssh it says :

[svgalib: allocated virtual console #8]

Then ps x reports:

 3098 tty8     R      0:01 s-povray [various options]

and then:

bozo:/usr/local/lib/povray31# w
  3:40pm  up 20:21,  1 user,  load average: 0.56, 0.26, 0.20
USER     TTY      FROM              LOGIN@   IDLE   JCPU   PCPU  WHAT
root     pts/0    winbozo          12:49pm  0.00s  2.22s  0.02s  w

Now, I want to see how s-povray is doing, but it insists on outputting
to a tty. How can I change that? I tried to ttysnoop tty8 but I
couldn't do it. Any hints on that? If there is a way to watch the
console s-povray is running on, can you (Mark?) please include it in
the manpage? If there is not, will it be hard to add a command-line
option to choose a console (or at least a type of console tty, tts,
pts etc.)?

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700