POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Strange functions behaviours : Re: Strange functions behaviours Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange functions behaviours
From: Peter Popov
Date: 28 Nov 2001 10:09:56
Message: <sav90ugs95eeikk7inlibfjobk5gdkf94r@4ax.com>
On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:50:55 +0100, "Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapginrafr>
wrote:

>Not only I didn't realise that the unsupported functions were not supported
>when calling a function, but I shamefully admit that I never considered the
>dot operator as being a vector function...

That's because it's listed in the float functions. I understand it
returns a float, just as vlength, but still it seems logical to me to
have it in the vector functions, maybe in both to follow the current
logic.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg