POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Is the "File Open" dialog box missing a few file types? : Re: Is the "File Open" dialog box missing a few file types? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:31:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is the "File Open" dialog box missing a few file types?
From: Glen Berry
Date: 17 Sep 2001 09:59:19
Message: <s=ilOwK0+WM2QanZO4InGM6GnTQS@4ax.com>
On Mon, 17 Sep 2001 09:04:57 +0300, Peter Popov <pet### [at] vipbg> wrote:

>Regrettably, RL will probably limit my near future usage of POV to
>confirming bugs, maybe finding a few incidentally, and answering
>TAG-related questions. OTOH, RL will hopefully include a lot of
>writing of HTML, CSS, XML and javaScript and I am yet to find a better
>Windows editor than POV (save Vim, but most of its advanced features
>don't help much for HTML edit ting, so...)

Yeah, I was kind of looking forward to seeing a few POV-Ray websites
that bragged about actually being written with POV-Ray itself. It can
certainly still be done, but the addition of a specific "file open"
option for html and related file extextensions,  would have made
things a little bit more convenient.

What I had imagined was a single option in the file type menu, that
would show files of the following file extensions in the directory
listing:

*.asp, *.css, *.htm*, *.shtml, *.xml

However, it should be mentioned that the POV editor currently does not
offer color highlighting for CSS or SHTML files. I'm not sure how
practical is would have been to tell POV to treat CSS files as if they
were HTML, for the purpose of color coding. I guess it doesn't matter
now anyway.

Peter, have you thought of using "First Page" for web editting? It's
pretty good, and it's totally free. You should find it here:

   http://www.evrsoft.com/

Later,
Glen