POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Fractal patch : Re: Fractal patch Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:16:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fractal patch
From: Peter Popov
Date: 29 Oct 1999 16:30:31
Message: <rwIaON7aClgk972J2geayLq1wK9v@4ax.com>
On 29 Oct 1999 12:02:22 -0400, Nieminen Juha
<war### [at] punarastascstutfi> wrote:

>  I added the following new pattern types to povray:
>mandel3, mandel4, julia, julia3, julia4, magnet1m, magnet1j.
>
>  See my post in p.b.i for details.
>
>  Is there any interest in a patch like this?
>
>  I will probably add magnet2m and magnet2j too (see the fractint help for
>more info about the magnet fractals).

Warp,

this is just great! I've been hoping someone would make such a patch
because I was unable to du=o it myself. How about more advanced stuff
like finite attractors or filtering (like Im:, Mag:, Abs: etc.?)?
While I am still dreaming, don't you think a general formula parser
(in the FractInt .frm format) would be nice (hint, hint :) )?

Frankly, great job, keep it up!

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700