POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Switzerland invades Englang : Re: Switzerland invades Englang Server Time
30 Sep 2024 19:29:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Switzerland invades Englang
From: Stephen
Date: 28 Sep 2008 06:18:09
Message: <rukud49eremg0srtappcd8de2qr3cduper@4ax.com>
On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 10:24:25 +0100, Doctor John <joh### [at] homecom> wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>> I'd rather come over to the round table and discuss it over a civilised drink.
>> Maybe the week after next? With any luck I will be finished in Wales by the 3rd
>> and the end of the month at the latest. I do have something else lined up but it
>> is oop north bonny lad.
>
>Date sounds good to me atm. Only sticking point may be the Kat's leg
>which, it seems, is not healing as fast as the medics would like :-( The
>latest estimate for removal of new-fangled support thingie is November
>at the earliest. However, I'm sure she will not begrudge me a pint or
>two with you.

I'm sorry to hear that, it kind of disproves that Kats always land on their feet
:)
When we do meet up we'd better keep it to one bucket each ;)

>> Not a war but a lesson in manners ;)
>> And they did want it.
>
>A lesson in manners?! It wasn't my lot who considered going to battle
>stark naked and painted blue was the action of a civilised gentleman.
>No, we wore well-pressed pin-stripe armour with chain-mail vests
>underneath as our mummies had always told us to

Ah! The Rangers fans. What can I say?
Other than it is supposed to sicken the enemy and disable them with either
boaking or laughter.

>> Haven't you heard the song Roman in the Gloamin  <g> {as Gail posts}
>
>:-) Didn't they (the Romans) manage to lose (as in mislay) a couple of
>legions up there?

True but we cheated. There were three Picts and only one legion of Romans. And
that was the start of the end for them. It was after that that the Romans built
their walls across the country.
It is at this point we normally point out that along with America we have never
been conquered by another country. Which is more than can be said for our
neighbours {By the Romans, Danes, Germans (Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Frisians, and
Franks) French (Normans)}
Here endeth the Sunday lesson
:P
--