POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Smooth Triangles? ~26k : Re: Smooth Triangles? ~26k Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:21:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth Triangles? ~26k
From: Peter Popov
Date: 10 Jun 2000 16:07:19
Message: <rk75ksgeks4pp2ctibhe8q8t6ndlsa7kpo@4ax.com>
On Sat, 10 Jun 2000 01:20:38 +0100, "Peter Cracknell" <pc### [at] lineonenet>
wrote:

8< -------- snip ----

>After converting it - complete with its layers to
>moray - I found that with blobs the triangles arent filled in, making it
>useless unless you want a wire frame, and smooth triangles, what I am
>working with not smooth.  Any ideas or is this a general drawback?

Try using John VanSickle's SSS (Surface Subdivision Suite). It can a)
make the triangles smooth, b) interpolate the surface with more
triangles and (I think) c) output to Warp's compressed mesh format to
save disk space.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet