POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My first in a long time - Sloncho-wip-1.jpg : Re: My first in a long time - Sloncho-wip-1.jpg Server Time
3 Oct 2024 02:19:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first in a long time - Sloncho-wip-1.jpg
From: David Wilkinson
Date: 23 Feb 2000 16:44:33
Message: <rjj8bsoi6trh5hu25t27ok62fiia16h5k1@4ax.com>
On Wed, 23 Feb 2000 22:48:34 +0200, Peter Popov <pet### [at] usanet> wrote:

>Can you be a bit more specific about the eyes and tusks? The model is
>the most accurate representation of a real glass elephant I have,
>though I must admit texturing is just a hack at reality.

If you want the model to represent the reality of your glass elelphant, then of course
my
observations are invalid.

Not knowing, however, that you were modelling from 'life' I felt that the eyes would
be
better a different colour, with the the tusks longer and a different colour (ivory?)
BTW is the fiery exhalation also from life? :-)

I thought your idea and modelling of a glass elephant was very appealing. The fire
squirting out of the trunk gives it a surreal appeal and converts it into some sort of
mythical beast, that might be even better with exaggerated appendages.

Hmm ... although coming from a different perspective, Ganesh, the hindu god which is
half
man, half elephant might be interesting to model :-)
dav### [at] cwcomnet
http://www.hamiltonite.mcmail.com