POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : known bugs 28 Jan 2002 : Re: known bugs 28 Jan 2002 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:16:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: known bugs 28 Jan 2002
Date: 4 Feb 2002 05:53:11
Message: <rins5u8f9j7nnqhiu062nu0v1etb1dfqp0@4ax.com>
On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 16:53:39 +0100, "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde>
wrote:
> > [win gui] line with error highlighted but render finished succesfully
> > http://news.povray.org/va2tvt4tuitd67ik5t9ps334sbg6205bt3@4ax.com
>
> Isn't the highlighted error simply a text selection?

Text selection is black on my computer while highlighted error makes whole line
yellow.

> Either way, the bug has not been confirmed.

confirmed in http://news.povray.org/Xns9198AD4D5BBF4CQ@204.213.191.226
I can describe additional situation when it appear if necessary.

> > another crash with max_intersections
> > http://news.povray.org/j8fo2u8mbo97gi3as0udmab7t9ttap2iom@4ax.com
>
> Note that setting "max_intersection 0" is simply brain-dead.

Is this logged or not ? When I reported it I know nonsense of this but when
somebody do this with wrongly constructed loop he shouldn't crash his engine.

> > rare conic prism bug
> > (strange behaviour of illumination/texture of conic prisms)
> > http://news.povray.org/3C51212E.9090707@irrwerk.de
>
> Not properly confirmed.  Just being able to reproduce the exact behavior is
> not enough.  At least a tiny bit of experimentation should be done to be able
> to say it is a bug and not a precision problem.

I confirmed this behaviour but you are right, this can be typicall precision
problem of orthographic camera. removing of "orthographic" keyword returns
functionality. Adding rotate y*3 to prism with orthographic camera also makes
all parts visible. So it is possible that it precision problem just like my old
report about tours in orthographic camera.

> > macros without commas takes parameter wrongly
> > http://news.povray.org/bp925u4upa1gl9kih2pikg4qusf0lr03kg@4ax.com
>
> Works as designed - not a bug.  Commas between macro parameters are required.

If commas are required then why parser not stoped parsing at macro declaration
with message like: "comma expected but T found" ? If it looks like feature
request then ignore it.

ABX