POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Bsmooth and 16-bit gray : Re: Bsmooth and 16-bit gray Server Time
18 May 2024 05:34:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bsmooth and 16-bit gray
From: RJay
Date: 22 Aug 2002 12:36:17
Message: <rhansenxremovex-106F06.11361622082002@netplex.aussie.org>
Ran a test today. Using Photoshop v. 6 I created a greyscale document.
Airbrushed some white blobs on a black background, go to Mode>16
Bits/Channel then save as SuperPNG. Used this as heightfield, tested
w/MacMegaPOV 0.7. It worked!!!

I could send you a sample PNG file if you can't get it to work w/PS 5.

RJay