POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : 3.5 render bug? : 3.5 render bug? Server Time
18 May 2024 02:36:17 EDT (-0400)
  3.5 render bug?
From: Simon Lemieux
Date: 18 Nov 2002 23:26:11
Message: <reishi-EDFF72.23290818112002@netplex.aussie.org>
Hi,
  I just downloaded POV-Ray 3.5 for the Mac and tried to render a very
simple scene (sphere lit by light).  I tried this on a iBook and an old
PPC with same results.  When I start the render, everything goes fine
and the RenderQueue opens saying the render is being done and another
window opens with the image slowly appearing (as it should be!).  But at
the end...  when the image is finished and everything seems alright, I
close the render window, and looking at the render queue, I see the
render is not yet completed, actually the render queue does not seem to
know how much it is completed, it displays a dumb progress bar (//  //
//  //) instead of the usual progess bar (||||||||----).  I click the
render and try to make it stop, but nothing happens...

  Actually, I have to force quit Povray and reload it in order to render
my scene again, and all this just to tweek the color of the sphere!

  Has anyone had this kind of trouble before?  How could I get the
render to work and finish properly?

Thanks,
  Simon