POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Are we getting close to convergence on the final version of povray 3.5? EOM : Are we getting close to convergence on the final version of povray 3.5? EOM Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:30:33 EDT (-0400)
  Are we getting close to convergence on the final version of povray 3.5? EOM
From: Mike Williams
Date: 17 Feb 2002 02:11:39
Message: <reJ9YHADW1b8EwEp@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it nospam who wrote:
>On Tue, 5 Feb 2002 15:50:12 -0500, "Jim Kress"
><dea### [at] kressworkscom> wrote:
>
>> Are we getting close to convergence on the final version of povray 3.5?  EOM
>>

>In my opinion, the current beta is really good.  The POV
>team could call the current beta "final" right now
>and I'de be happy.

There are a few things that I consider should definitely receive
attention before it gets labelled "final":-

        TIF support should either be got working or discarded.

        "camera" is in an unstable state just at the moment while
        it is being actively worked on. We need to wait for that
        work to be completed.

        Whatever it is that "evaluate" currently does needs to be
        documented. What it does since beta 7 is, apparently, very
        different from what got originally documented, but I've no idea
        what it is that it now does.

        The "Beta-10 Linux Segmentation Fault" needs to be fixed,
        otherwise our Linux brethren won't be able to use photons.

Everything else in the bugs list is pretty trivial, and we've lived with
most of them since at least version 3.1g without complaining.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure