POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Megapov demo files : Megapov demo files Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:18:44 EDT (-0400)
  Megapov demo files
From: Peter Popov
Date: 23 Jan 2000 23:56:58
Message: <rX6LOK8ovZzY47yyp1PnaFLA+HyV@4ax.com>
The Megapov demo files, esp. the ones from the Smelehnberg compile
have spaces in the names. I understand that Nathan, Rene and Yvo work
on Windows and Mac and this is no problem for them, but it is a slight
annoyance for Linux users especially if one tries to batch render them
(unless I've missed something :) ). I ended up writing a bash script
to rename them so that all spaces became underscores and it should not
be a problem for me anymore, but still, can you please correct this
small issue in the upcoming release of 0.4? Thanks in advance.

I now have a working set of bash scripts which renders all demo files,
converts them to jpg, creates jpg thumbnails, and makes a web page
with thumbnails and filenames linking to full res images, as well as
the output streams (fatal, render, warning and debug) for the file
currently being rendered, as well as access to the file where verbose
information is being piped. If you're interested (esp. Mark) I will
post it here.

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700