POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : CTRL+Y : Re: CTRL+Y Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CTRL+Y
From: Peter Popov
Date: 1 Dec 1999 17:31:12
Message: <rKBFOGd6Q3q18WSpTy9dLtz81hgs@4ax.com>
On Wed, 01 Dec 1999 11:31:39 +0100, Remco de Korte
<rem### [at] xs4allnl> wrote:

>I'm used to using CTRL+Y to delete a line in the editor. It's something
>I picked up in some DOS-programs but it works in most editors. In the
>POV-editor however it also wipes the buffer which isn't what I would
>expect. Am I mistaken?
>I guess this is something in the Codemax editor and won't be changed in
>any new versions of POV-Ray.
>I just had to write this because once again I lost a large portion of
>code I cut from a scene when I deleted aline before pasting it.
>
>Cheers!
>
>Remco

During the 3.1 beta period I pointed this out as a bug and the author
of the CodeMax editor control wrote that it was the way he liked it
(i.e. ctrl-y = line cut, not line delete). It is not a but, therefore,
but a feature :)

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700