POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Getting into Linux... : Re: Getting into Linux... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting into Linux...
From: David Wilkinson
Date: 29 Sep 1999 16:50:52
Message: <rHfyNx+kEVwX5rqdjgMm7BkjaYiC@4ax.com>
On Wed, 29 Sep 1999 13:55:38 -0400, "TonyB" <ben### [at] panamaphoenixnet> wrote:

>What's your opinion on SuSE?

I have just loaded SuSE 6.2 on my 2nd machine (P120 48Mb) and it seems pretty good.  I
haven't tried POVRay yet - it wasn't meant for Raytracing, but as a machine just to
try
out Linux.
I am quite impressed with KDE and the idea that you have several different window
managers.  At the moment I only have an old monitor hooked up to it and this is rather
flaky, but my intention is to get a larger monitor for my main machine and pass the
current monitor down the line.
I have a lot to learn about Unix before I can be confident about programming with it,
and
the problem is finding the time.  These pesky newsgroups take so much time - just
reading
things, never mind answering some and also trying to do a bit of ray tracing :-)
David
dav### [at] cwcomnet
http://www.hamiltonite.mcmail.com