POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : metally fractal, 105 KB JPG - sbk2001.JPG (0/1) : Re: metally fractal, 105 KB JPG - sbk2001.JPG (1/1) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: metally fractal, 105 KB JPG - sbk2001.JPG (1/1)
From: moonshadow
Date: 30 Jan 2001 00:35:51
Message: <r8kc7tc0i2p8gn2or3q6ij3e4vtn0u48t2@4ax.com>
On Mon, 29 Jan 2001 23:15:33 -0600, David Fontaine <dav### [at] faricynet>
wrote:

>moonshadow wrote:
>
>> >SWEET!!!!
>>
>> Thanks :) I'm still not sure this is a totally original idea though.
>> That's why I posted, I'm sure someone has come up with the same idea.
>
>[snip]
>Sorry, here I must vehemently protest.
>
>Alright, even if it was completely original, a lot of the beauty came
>simply from math. Yes, I'm a believer in all that mathematical crap with
>Benoit Mandlebrot and whatnot. But still you deserve credit for either
>tweaking it or stumbling across it.
>The thing is, in today's world, with 6 (or is it 7 now?) billion people
>and 5000 years of recorded history, almost always someone else did it
>before you. Especially in the last decade we now have the technology to
>immediately tell the world we did it first. Does that mean you deserve
>less credit because you did it second? Hardly. That's just chronolgical
>bias. Now if it was some sort of major discovery that impacted the world,
>like electricity, maybe the first person gets some "extra credit". But in
>art it becomes more questionable.

I agree, I was just hoping that I bring something relatively new to
the group... As I said  I am too lazy to check thousands of posts, and
something like this could have been posted by someone else.

But you are right, I am totally paranoid about being original. :o)

--
moonshadow